Find us on:
Share this site:
iPad app from SpeechEasy now available - January 2013
iPad app from SpeechEasy now available
We are excited to tell you about a free app we just released that may help you or someone you know who stutters. Stuttering Helper is designed so that anyone with an iPad can access helpful information about stuttering.
Stuttering Helper is FREE.
Check it out on your iPad at : https://itunes.apple.com/app/id578182856?mt=8
SpeechEasy was also present in the exhibit hall where over 1000 SLPs registered their presence at the SpeechEasy booth. Once there, they were able to ask questions, receive information about all of our products and listen to a real SpeechEasy device.
What happens at a SpeechEasy evaluation?
This is one of the most commonly asked questions that we receive here at SpeechEasy. During an evaluation our Providers have been trained to help give you an accurate assessment of your stuttering and the effect SpeechEasy has on it. Yes, you get to try a real SpeechEasy and see all the available models in person.
But, there is more to an evaluation than that.
As professionally certified Speech Language Pathologists our Providers want to make sure that SpeechEasy is the best therapy option for you. Remember there is never an obligation to buy a SpeechEasy during your evaluation.
Although evaluation experiences will differ, here are some of the recommended steps we train our Providers to include:
- A frank discussion about your past experiences and therapy. This helps make sure you and your fluency goals are realistic and attainable.
- A review of how the choral speech signal that SpeechEasy utilizes works for most people who stutter.
- A baseline assessment of your fluency without SpeechEasy in reading and monologue.
- An assessment of your fluency with a SpeechEasy device and a discussion of changes in fluency noted.
- Programming of the device to ascertain the most beneficial delay and pitch settings for maximum fluency for you.
- A trial period during the allotted evaluation time when you wear a SpeechEasy device and try it for yourself.
- A professional recommendation from your Provider as whether SpeechEasy is the right option for your stuttering management.
- A discussion about the various models and which would be most appropriate for you should you choose to purchase.
- A summary about funding options may be discussed with your Provider but many times these can be reviewed with us here at SpeechEasy prior to your appointment. We encourage clients to contact us before the appointment so we can recommend and assist you in the funding process.
The decision to begin the process and see if SpeechEasy is right for you begins with the investment in this valuable time with one of our Providers. There are over 110 caring Providers located throughout the United States who are ready to help you make a decision about your fluency options. We’ll be glad to help you set up an appointment.
Happy New Year
SpeechEasy would like to take this chance to wish all our clients, Providers and friends Happy New Year.
In 2012, we lowered all our prices and introduced our 0% interest program to help make SpeechEasy more affordable for more people. We know that 2013 will present new challenges and new opportunities for us all. Those who stutter have a voice and deserve to be heard.
We commit to being here in 2013 to help and serve you.
Again, Happy New Year!